Therapy Practicum Student
Practicum Student Therapist (Children and Teens)
Location: Columbia, MO
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
We are looking for a motivated and compassionate practicum student therapist to join our team. This position will work directly with children and teenagers who are facing mental health challenges, providing essential therapeutic support.
- Provide high quality client centered care.
- Under the supervision of a licensed clinical therapist, the Therapy Practicum Intern will provide individual, family and group therapies in accordance with the interns skills/training.
- Develop treatment plans and accurately document services within an Electronic Health Record
- Participate in weekly supervision to complete learning contract requirements.
- 21 years or older
- Actively enrolled and in good standing with an accredited master’s level Social Work, Counseling or Psychology program and has completed all requirements for a practicum placement with their learning institution.
- Strong independent learning skills
- Ability to fulfill course work and practicum placement requirements.
- Abundance of on-the-job experience within a clinical setting.
- Opportunities to interview early for therapy positions post graduations.
- Flexible schedules to allow for completion of coursework and practicum requirements.
- Transparent routes for career advancement
- Clinical supervision and professional mentorship from experienced therapists.
- Opportunities for employment and work-based practicums if allowed by the master’s program.
- Exposure to a diverse caseload of children and teenagers, allowing for a well-rounded learning experience.
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit child placing and behavioral health agency with a long legacy of compassionately serving children and families.
KVC Missouri's Residential Treatment program offers therapeutic services in a 24/7-supervised facility for children and teenagers with acute emotional and behavioral problems.
KVC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
See more career opportunities, learn about our benefits, and discover what it’s like to work at KVC at www.kvc.org/careers.