Substance Use Counselor (Provisional Opportunity)
Additional Information About the Role
PROVISIONAL OPPORTUNITY, LCSW/LPC no longer required!
- Up to a $2,300 Sign on Bonus
- 40 hours per week
- Day Shift
- Monday - Friday; No Weekends, Holidays or On-Call
- Benefits Eligible
- Hybrid Remote Opportunity
BJC Behavioral Health is a community health center that provides and coordinates behavioral health services for more than 8,000 seriously mentally ill adults and seriously emotionally disturbed children in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Francois, Iron and Washington counties. As an Administrative Agent of the Missouri Department of Mental Health (DMH), BJC Behavioral Health serves as a major point of entry for people eligible for mental health services funded by DMH and is responsible for serving as gatekeeper to the public mental health system.
The Substance Use Counselor (provisionally licensed) provides early intervention, treatment and ongoing therapy to persons identified with substance use disorders. This position also assists with medication services for the treatment of addictions. This position provides service to youth, adults and groups alike.
- Completes intake for individuals requesting services; assesses the needs of the patient and their eligibility for service; identifies substance use, based on symptomology and treatment history.
- Plans and conducts individual sessions, group counseling and follow-up sessions in accordance with standards.
- Develops and facilitates education for individual clients and groups; educates clients on substance use topics and how to avoid and/or reduce use.
- Maintains contact with referral resources in the community; refers patients to community providers or to other agencies who can provide a higher level care.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
- PLCSW or PLPC
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Substance Use Disorder Prof
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer