Downstream Process Development Intern
Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO/ Drug Substance Division (Biologics)
How will you make an impact?
The successful candidate will work within BioProcess Sciences to support the development and optimization of biopharmaceutical products. They will work within a team of Scientists to assist with projects in the area of process development and technology transfer in clinical and commercial manufacturing. The candidate may also contribute to defining and shaping Thermo Fisher Scientific’s own technology.
This role will work in close collaboration with supervision and scientists within other departments and line management. These activities are executed in projects and involve teamwork with representatives of various to ensure project success.
What will you do?
- Train on Thermo Fisher Scientific practices in process development and general onboarding
- Read and interpret literature related to the assigned project
- Provide scientific support for process improvement and troubleshooting projects.
- Implement changes to equipment, processes and systems under supervision.
- Train on Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Write documentation such as training documents, protocols, batch record and reports.
- Work with technical liaison in a mentor/mentee team approach.
- Present your project findings and discuss relevance to department and/or site leadership..
How will you get here?
Enrolled in an Undergraduate Program for Chemical Engineering, Biological Sciences or similar field
General chemistry or greater science knowledge is preferred
No industry experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Lab experience is beneficial but is not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-function team.
- Willingness to learn, be mentored and improve.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.