Analytical & Formulation Sciences Intern
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement tackle cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Responsible for developing/optimizing enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) based analytical methods that will be used to support biopharmaceutical process development. You will work within an interdisciplinary team of scientists where you will learn and supply your skills and ideas to projects.
What will you do?
- Perform laboratory experiments to enhance ELISA based methods with the purpose of improving performance and/or throughput with the application of automation tools.
- Interpret literature to strategize approaches for successful method development.
- Responsible for performing in-depth analysis of analytical data and collaborate with the analytical team.
- Communicate findings and discuss relevance of your data to the larger analytical development team.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
- Theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry or immunology.
- Working knowledge of ELISA techniques and their intended use.
- Ability to work independently with excellent communication and prioritization skills.
How will you get here?
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate Program for Biology/Chemistry Sciences or similar field.
- Organic, Biochemistry or greater science knowledge is preferred.
- No industry experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Passion for learning the analytical methods required for successful process development!
- High attention to detail.
- Strong desire to learning new skills.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. A one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.