2024 CAFNR Student Services Intern
The Office of Academic Programs is recruiting two students to serve as CAFNR Student Services Interns for Summer 2024.
Successful candidates will possess the following traits:
• Positive attitude
• Highly organized
• Role model
• Professional demeanor
• Strong communication skills
• Confident team leader
• Able to work independently
We are looking for individuals who can communicate enthusiastically the strengths of CAFNR to new students and their families. Applicants with both great communication and computer skills, including experience with Excel, will have an advantage. Applicants should also be comfortable assisting students with myZou, Zoom, Schedule Planner, and MU Connect. Work will occur in person in the CAFNR Office of Academic Programs, although some interaction with students and families will be via Zoom or phone.
Benefits: As a Student Services Intern, you will:
• Have fun helping new students and their families learn and become excited about Mizzou, CAFNR and their major.
• Learn more about campus and CAFNR.
• Meet and work closely with our wonderful Office of Academic Programs team.
• Develop and enhance skills employers value including leadership, organization, problem solving, and written and oral communication skills.
• Enrollment in summer courses simultaneously can be considered.
• These positions will be compensated $15/hour and could be used as internship credit through your major (check with your advisor first).
Responsibilities (may vary):
• Welcome students and their families during CAFNR orientation.
• Organize materials provided to incoming students and parents during CAFNR orientation.
• Co-facilitate an interactive presentation to introduce incoming students and their families to CAFNR.
• Support the scheduling process for daily advising appointments.
• Help students learn to navigate MizzouOne, myZou, Zoom and MU Connect.
• Assist in summer recruitment initiatives, including Life Sciences Quest (July 7th – 11th). This summer camp will require overnight counselor duties for high school students and over 40 hours for the week.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned to support activities associated with the Office of Academic Programs.
• Must be graduating from the University of Missouri - Columbia in December 2024 or later.
• Preference given to CAFNR students.
• Must be available to work 30-40 hours per week from May 20th-July 12th . Additional hours/responsibilities might be possible, particularly during Welcome Week, August 12th-August 16th. o Work hours will mostly be Monday-Friday. o Afternoon hours (2-3 hrs) on most Sundays in June are required. o You will be compensated with overtime if hours worked exceed 40/week.
• Login to Handshake to search for the “2024 CAFNR Student Services Intern” application. Submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references no later than Sunday, March 10th.