Associate Fashion Designer
Put yourself first. Choose what makes you happy. Then you can better care for the important people in your life. This is the philosophy that Soft Surroundings was founded on and it's the way of the Soft Surroundings culture.
Located in St. Louis, Missouri, Soft Surroundings was founded in 1999. Since that time, we've grown from a small catalog company into a multi-channel merchant with a large catalog circulation, a fast-growing internet business and 52 brick and mortar stores. We attribute our phenomenal growth to the passion our employees who provide our customers with not only high-quality apparel, home and beauty products, but the understanding that our customers are not just purchasing an item, but an experience.
We are currently seeking an Associate Designer of Trend, Color, Print and Pattern for our Product Development and Design team to assist in the design and development of apparel. The Associate Designer will assist in the creation of Seasonal Concepts to include trend, color, print and pattern that define the overarching fashion vision and aesthetic for brand line as it pertains to target customer, business objectives and marketing.
- Work directly with the Design Director to create seasonal "big ideas."
- Assist in researching trends for each season and interpreting them for the Soft Surroundings customer.
- Create trend boards
- Assist the Director with picking and scaling original art for development and production.
- Responsible for making sure all art packs are out and on-time and approved on time to ensure timely product deliveries.
- Assist in creating color palettes each season that are trend right and translated for the Soft customer.
- Responsible for creating and tracking all sub palettes for each season.
- Work with design and sourcing to achieve better compliance on lab dip submits and strike-offs that meet company standards.
- Ensure all prints are proprietary.
- Maintain a print and color library.
- Create prints from original or company purchased artwork or inspiration reference
- Prepare specifications related to produced CAD (size, colors, placement, repeat) and communicate to appropriate vendors accordingly.
- Assist Design Director in creating and maintaining a Brand room/wall for each season that can be referenced throughout the process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion design.
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction
- Well versed in fabrics and trims
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Must have great organizational skills and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work across functions
- 2-3 years apparel design experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge in Microsoft office applications: Outlook, Excel, Word.