POSITION: MERCHANDISING INTERN
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Merchandising Intern would be responsible for managing multiple projects in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment. Great communication, organization and interpersonal skills are required to keep the cross functional team of business management, inventory, creative and product development moving along with clear and accurate focus. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills are necessary for the success of this candidate.
What You’ll Learn:
· Assist in developing seasonal product strategies that deliver to financial targets.
· Maintains integrity of spreadsheets and planning databases.
· Assists in retail, catalog and email planning for the season.
· Proofreads catalog pages during catalog production for content accuracy.
· Provides weekly reporting and regular recap of sales information to management.
· Regular communication to key business partners.
What We’re Looking for:
· Strong computer skills - Fluent in Microsoft Office.
· Comfortable learning new computer skills, new systems/tools.
· Familiarity with direct business model – catalog and online.
· Strong inter-personal skills to collaborate and influence key business partners.
· Ability to set priorities and motivate cross functional teams.
· Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
· Proven ability to drive and deliver key timelines.
· Solid organizational and planning skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Action-oriented and flexible - Must demonstrate a capacity to operate successfully in a fast-paced, changing environment to make fact based decisions.
· Ability to travel domestically.
Who We Are:
We are a “no bull” brand that
started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and
women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the
ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear and our Longtail T® Shirts that hide
“plumber’s butt” reflect our attitude.
The heart of Duluth Trading’s success is creating one-of-a-kind men’s and women’s clothing, innovative tools and ingenious gadgets while being humorous story tellers. The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better and be part of a retail, web and catalog apparel company that knows where it’s going.