FIND YOUR FIT with Payless ShoeSource a Merchandise Distribution Intern.
You know who you are. And you know what moves you. That's why your chosen career should fit you as well as your favorite pair of shoes, every step of the way. And that's what makes a career with Payless ShoeSource the perfect fit for you.
NOTE: This position is available for Summer 2018
The Merchandise Distribution Internship will give students valuable insight into the retail industry, with an opportunity to grow as a young professional. Our program is designed to allow for real work experience while providing the developmental tools for future success!
The Merchandise Distribution Intern will spend 3 days/week at the corporate office.
- Intern will be assigned 1-3 merchandising projects, focused on product allocation, analysis and processes.
- Intern will participate in different learning events, increasing overall knowledge of the retail industry.
- Intern will be assigned a mentor for support throughout their time at Payless.
The Merchandise Distribution Intern will spend 2 days/week working in a store in the Topeka/Lawrence/Manhattan/Kansas City area.
- Intern will perform Store Associate duties,gaining exposure to the Payless customer and product.
- Intern will gain key insights of how merchandise distribution processes directly impact store operations.
- Availability to work full-time during the Summer of 2018
- Currently enrolled in college or university
- GPA of 3.2 or above
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Retail experience preferred but not required
Payless ShoeSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Payless ShoeSource is the 2nd largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere, offering a wide range of shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. The company’s mission is simple: Become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our customers. Payless has more than 2,500 stores in more than 30 countries and was founded in 1956 in Topeka, KS. where its global headquarters remains today.
Being located in Topeka, KS, facilitates easy travel to all parts of the country. And, Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.