Retail Leadership Development Program – Fulltime
Application Instruction and Information:
In order to be considered for interviews you must complete the Amazon online application via the link below in addition to your school application. When submitting your application via the Amazon site, you will be asked to submit your job location preferences. Through your school career center, please submit individual applications to all roles in which you are interested (up to five positions). Should we decide to move forward, you will receive an email within five business days of the application deadline regarding next steps. This email will include information regarding our Online Assessment and Writing Exercise, which is where you will submit role preferences.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.
Retail Leadership Development Program – Fulltime
At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
Develop into a General Manager at the world’s most innovative company. Through Amazon’s Retail Leadership Development Program (RLD), you will rotate through start-up and established business lines, be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to large scale problems that no company has had the opportunity to solve before, and assume responsibility to make decisions that will impact long-term free cash flow. If you do it right, you could be leading a billion dollar+ business in 7 years … or sooner.
RLD is looking for tenacious MBAs with a strong desire to own, build, grow, and are ready to do what it takes to become the next retail General Managers, Directors and VPs while flourishing in ambiguity and demonstrating nimble leadership.
As an RLD participant, you gain experience managing profit and loss, developing individuals and teams, and solving large scale business challenges. Have an idea to improve the customer experience? You own that too. While on-the-job-experience is the primary driver of career growth, RLD also supports growth through leadership and personal skill development. Cohort-based learning environments, mentorship, career coaching, and exposure to senior leadership are also key components of the RLD experience. Ultimately, the goal of RLD is to build strong general managers capable of leading large, complex organizations and businesses.
We build broad-based, fungible leaders through RLD. RLDs join Amazon in our corporate headquarters in Seattle. In the 36-month program, RLDs rotate through two distinct retail business units, in two different job functions. Example job functions include:
· Sr. Vendor Manager: Identify new brand and product business opportunities, own strategic relationships with key vendors, negotiate competitive business terms, define and secure participation in promotions and marketing programs.
· Sr. Instock Manager: Develop and execute inventory management strategies (including forecasting, capacity planning, and supply chain optimization), determine how to allocate resources for variable cost reduction and profit margin improvement to drive overall profitability for the business unit.
· Sr. Marketing Manager: Develop and execute strategies for growing the size and lifetime value of the business unit’s customer base, crafting both acquisition and CRM strategies for targeting and communicating with customers.
· Sr. Category Merchant Manager: Manage the entire portfolio of third-party merchant accounts, drive revenue growth and traffic, conduct regular intensive business analysis and reporting, aggressively recruit for the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program, and manage projects working with our technology teams to build an extraordinary customer experience.
· Sr. Product Manager: Define and launch new retail products, services, or features (i.e.: Amazon Family, Textbook Buyback) in partnership with technical teams, evaluate the existing experience(s) for customers on and off Amazon, identify areas for improvement, develop business requirements, craft and implement marketing plans, and own measures of success.
For full-time positions based in the United States, Amazon will consider H-1B sponsorship only for former interns receiving full-time offers. Additionally, Amazon will consider individuals currently in H-1B status who have at least two years of H-1B eligibility remaining, or individuals who are eligible for work authorization in visa categories other than the H-1B. Individuals in F-1 status with optional practical training (OPT) will often require H-1B sponsorship, and therefore, must meet the criteria above independent of OPT eligibility, to be considered for a full-time position in the United States. For full-time positions outside of the United States, Amazon will consider visa sponsorship in most locations.
· Currently enrolled in a 2-year fulltime MBA program or a 3-year dual-degree fulltime MBA program at the time of application and graduated before start date
· 3 years of industry or military work experience prior to MBA program
· 4+ years of work experience prior to your MBA including academic and/or internship experience
· Proof that you are capable of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
· Consistent track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Strong analytical skills
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Success at influencing others and leading teams
· Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.